I WILL GRADUATE
Did you know that 1 out of every 5 high school students don't graduate from high schools nationally! Nation-wide, approximately 7,000 students drop out of school every day. That’s 1.2 million students each year.
If we don't do something to correct the problem and fix the broken education system for the students of today and tomorrow, America may never recover. * Experts say that dropping out of high school affects not just students and their families, but the country overall – including businesses, government, and communities. The Alliance for Excellent Education estimates that high school dropouts from the Class of 2006-07 will cost the U.S. more than $329 billion in lost wages, taxes, and productivity over the course of their lifetimes. Experts say that those who drop out are more likely to be incarcerated, rely on public programs and social services, and go without health insurance than those who graduate from high school. (*AmericasPromise.org)
- Did you know that without a high school diploma young people are less likely to succeed in the workforce?
- Did you also know that each year, our nation loses $319 billion in potential earnings associated with the dropout crisis?
We have a lot of work to do! Everyone has to get involved. I WILL GRADUATE and Entertainers 4 Education Alliance is making a difference in the lives of many at risk youth by spreading powerful messages about the importance of education, personal advancement, and social commitment, through our empowerment workshops, after school programs, events, outreaches, and public service announcements.
- I WILL GRADUATE serves 11,328 students weekly.
- I WILL GRADUATE serves 22,656 parents annually.
- I WILL GRADUATE reaches over 1.8 Million students annually with our poster campaign.
- I WILL GRADUATE serves 35 NYC schools annually.
- I WILL GRADUATE service all five (5) boroughs.
- Did you know that 1 out of every 5 high school students don't graduate from high schools nationally.
- Approximately 7,000 students drop out of school every day. That’s 1.2 million students each year.
- Every 26 seconds a student drops out of school.
- Without a high school diploma young people are less likely to succeed in the workforce.
- Our nation loses $319 billion in potential earnings associated with the dropout crises.
We Inspire our youth to take responsibility for bettering themselves. We utilize the star power and influence of high-profile individuals to encourage youth about the importance of education, personal advancement and social commitment.
We Connect our youth and families to resources and opportunities designed to assist students in overcoming challenges and achieving academic and personal excellence.
We Empower our youth by sharing information and knowledge through workshops and events that provide the tools needed to set and achieve goals. We help young people believe in themselves and realize their incredible potential.